(Sorry, only one picture this week as I wrote this quite late at night—hey, 9pm is late for me, okay! I live the lifestyle of a grandma. In fact, I think my grandma stays up later than I do!—and just wasn’t inspired.)
There’s a lot of content worth reading on MamaMia at the moment:
“Would you wear Nicole Richie’s wedding dress?” Yes, if it were a little less poofy and a little more ivory. In fact, it is somewhat similar to the wedding dress I have created in my mind for my own wedding. Now, to find that pesky groom…
By the same guy who brought you the brilliant “17 Arguments Against Gay Marriage & Why They’re Bollocks” comes the equally as brilliant “10 Things You Need to Understand About Asylum Seekers”.
This is worth taking a look at if you care at all about where your supermarket eggs come from.
And finally, is Shane Warne punching above his weight? He sure is, but really, who cares? While I can’t stand Warney and think he is the king of the douches, good on him for bagging someone as hot as Liz Hurley. But shame on her for allowing herself to be seduced by said king of the douches.
Rachel Hills on what’s in and what’s out for 2011:
“Fool: Binge drinking.
“Cool: Binge thinking.
“… Fool: Staying out til 3am because it’s a Friday night and that’s what you’re supposed to do.
“Cool: Staying in on weekends if that’s what you feel like doing, going out on weeknights if there’s something cool on…
“Fool: Internet fameballs and feigning a glamorous life in the hope of inspiring envy in others. Lifecasting.
“Cool: Mindcasting. Reading other people’s blogs instead of just trying to get them to read yours.”
Tiger Beatdown’s fun facts about straight people:
- “Most of them are not dangerous!
- “Some of them are actually quite lovely people.
- “Straight people are not as violent as they are portrayed in action movies.
- “Straight people are your neighbors, your friends, members of your community. You may be related to a straight person, or even share a room with one in the hospital.
- “I mean it TAKES ALL KINDS, amirite?
- “Tomorrow, while you are attending the daily Straight Pride Parades that form the totality of public life in America, take a moment to tell a straight person you support their life decisions.
- “Tell them you know many fine straight people.
- “Then put your hand near their ear, and pretend to find a silver dollar there. They love that shit.
“Straight people will NOT:
- “Try to make you straight. [Early Bird note: This does not apply to me and my best gay friend/husband Jason, whom I will never stop trying to make straight!]
- “(Not that it would work, amirite?)
- “Make it impossible for you to appreciate Ani DiFranco on rainy days.
- “Make you want to move to Florida.
- “Inject a lot of brown into your wardrobe.
- “Drag you on a cruise and then spend two weeks complaining about how few deck chairs there are.”
Just one of the reasons SJP and SATC ruined NYC:
“Cheated on your boyfriend? Threw a public hissy fit? OMG, it’s just like that one episode of ‘SATC’! So don’t sweat your own stupid, overly dramatic behaviour… everything will be okay when the credits roll in 20 minutes. Or, you know, not.”
“.. You know who doesn’t stand to profit? Like, at all? The women pressing the charges. Because (a) rape victims almost never profit from taking their cases through the legal system, which is why so few do, and (b) they’re already facing substantive personal smearing and stereotyping and in some cases having Keith fucking Olbermann insist they have ‘ties’ to the ‘CIA’ (oh for FUCK’s sake), and (c) they’re not pressing some airtight case here. Because, as we all know, the only AIRTIGHT rape case is one where Julian Assange jumps out of the bushes with a chainsaw and an assault rifle and you try to fight him back with your bare hands but ultimately he cuts off both your arms with the chainsaw thus ‘proving’ that you ‘resisted’ him, and oh also, he’s not Julian Assange, he’s a homeless man of colour named Stabs McMurderson, and you’re not an average woman, you’re a fourteen-year-old blonde white virgin who’s walking home from the Jesus School of Sewing and Homemakery. I would add that the whole thing would have to be captured on tape, but there have been ACTUAL RAPES that were ACTUALLY CAUGHT ON TAPE and they didn’t get through, because the defence alleged that the girl was ‘faking’ unconsciousness because she wanted to ‘make porn’.”
My friend said I wasn’t unique in having a blog as every sixteen-year-old and their dog has one. Some friend, right? (Love you, April!) I’ll pay that, but according to Gawker, blogging is an old person thing now.